Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nature Man

In honor of Dad making it through the last couple of weeks of chemo, and for your loyal readership, I present you with a wonderful weekend photo. I'm not exactly sure where this is, but I'm pretty sure I was the one taking this photo just before Dad jumped in the water to cool off. It's a great photo that reminds me of his naturalist Thoreau/Emerson side. I always describe him to others as part "mountain man" but he is just as much philosopher and curator. Looking back I really appreciate the lessons he taught me about the wonders and beauty of nature. I think his sensibility for the outdoors defined a great deal of his life, attitudes, and decisions. To my Dad the journey was always more important than the destination...

2 comments:

  1. Matt, this picture is at the Colorado River. Your Granpa Paulson had a cabin close by. Larry Jr

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that sounds right. I was pretty sure it was a river and not a lake. I have another photo with me and Clint playing near the water.

    ReplyDelete