Sunday, May 10, 2009

I thought it might be interesting to share a quick biography my Dad sent to me recently. Many of you already know his artistic talent background , but nonetheless it's fun stuff from the man himself:

As a boy growing up I seemed to be always making or creating something; I enjoyed drawing the most, but when I got an oil-painting set for Christmas when I was 13, I realized I really loved color. It was really messy and fun too. At seventeen I was tricked by a patron who claimed too sick to teach her landscape oil painting class one week. S he later said she saw great potential in my blooming artist abilities and wanted me to grow. Well I loved the students, and seemed like a good way to make money in her art center! I taught for ten years until I moved to Utah and enrolled at Southern Utah State College where I had classes in ceramics, jewelry and all aspects of a 4-year art program. I graduated in 1976 after earning a degree in Art education. Being somewhat disappointed in the public schools after a year of teaching high school art I was hired by the U.S.Forest Service where I worked for 31 years. However, I continued to paint and work with clay to supplement my income all the while receiving many commissions and awards. I retired in 2007 and started building a small studio to have a place satisfy my creative passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment