Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What the heck is that white stuff?


Yesterday was a little cold and the weather men told us that we might get an inch or two of the white stuff! Ha!  We woke up this morning to about 5 inches on the ground.  It has not let up all day and there is about 10 inches now!  I forgot to plug in my bus but I didn't drive it today.  I had a relief because Curt had an appointment in St George with a VA doctor. We really debated weither to go or not.  We heard that I 15 was closed north of us clear to Cove Fort.  Many slide offs but when we started out it was pretty bad and the wind was bad too.  When we got past Black Ridge the roads were a little better but the wind was worse. We went to the VA down there and headed home asap!  Still snowing! This is really not normal for October.  I plugged in my bus, because I will be driving it tomorrow, and I don't want it not to start.  Well, talking about starting, we have had really horrible luck with cars lately.  My transmission went out before we went to Salt Lake and it just sat in the driveway.  It is now in the shop hopefully getting fixed.  On Thursday last week I took Curt's white truck (newer one) to Cedar.  I had 4 places to go to.  I stopped at the Eye Dr first to get Curt's glasses fixed.  When I came out the truck would not start. Ugh.  I got on my trusty phone and called Google Search (800-466-4411) I gave the computer the name of the Chevy dealer right across the street from where I was.  I talked to the service department and they sent a mechanic over.  He tightened a loose battery cable and tried to start it.  No dice.  He looked at some other stuff and then said that the starter was shot.  Well,  what more?  He was able to bounce the starter around with the key and said not to turn it off until I got home. Swell. I did a drive through at Zions Bank, no problem.  Then on to Walmart.  My whole purpose for going to Cedar was to get dog food.  Sure I wanted to shop around too but I would have to lock my truck up with it running. I didn't feel good about that and besides it was pretty crowded.. I called Natasha (she lived with us for awhile) and she works at Walmart.  I asked her if she could come out and baby sit my truck.  Well, no.  But she did curb service and brought the 40 lb bag of dog food to the curb where I waited.  Didn't know Walmart gave curb service!  Then I called Dominoes Pizza.  Google search again. I pulled up to Dominoes and again got curb service. What a great place to live. So the white truck is in the drive way with no starter.  My van is at the shop getting fixed and we drove the green truck that has over 260 thousand miles  to St. George.  It has a heater. ( Tishanna's car doesn't.) It also has insurance but it isn't licenced.  Oh well or oh hell.  Whatever!  It is STILL snowing. Got to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment