Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Squirrel


Well I know this is a little late but I thought I would tell you the saga about the squirrel.  This past 6 months Curt has been fixing up his studio so he could paint, work on rocks, and do his pottery. About in October he noticed some movement above his head.  he thought is was a mouse but it sounded too big.  He really didn't worry about it because it wasn't bothering him.  Little did
he know that the little bestow was shredding the insulation, eating through light cords and peeing up there! The last of December Curt went out to the studio to work and noticed a hole in the ceiling, actually 3 holes!  Now he is mad!  Well he tried a coyote trap and that didn't work.  Then he tried a rat trap, like a mouse trap but bigger. It didn't work either. The bail would be gone but the traps would not trip.  He must have been a little guy.  Curt then tried a barrel trap that he looked up on the Internet.  This time the trap was tripped but no beastie in the barrel!  Curt and Tishanna then went to visit Matt and some other friends in California.  He left me here to keep the trap set.  Before he left though he borrowed the live trap from the lumber yard.  He set a couple of times and same thing.  Trap empty no bait and no squirrel either. Curt even put a heavy magnet on the trap to make it heavier.  Bait gone, no squirrel.  I then saw one of Curt's rocks with a flat bottom.  I put peanut butter with white chocolate chips, and put it on top of the magnet. Should be heavy enough now I thought.  Next day I checked and yes in deed I got the rascal!  Curt now has a squirrel tail brush and no beastie.  He had to fix a lot of holes and wires, paint, add new insulation etc.  But Curt is back in business in his studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment